Saturday, October 29, 2005

Thursday was a weird day. First, I finally resolved to be content with my current job situation. This does not mean I am not pursuing school. It does mean that I am not going to apply for the other positions within my company, or pursue the interview I have set up with ECI. I decided to take on my job with a renewed vigor. I started 2 new projects to help me enjoy my job at the Star of Hope.

Then, after deciding all this, and having a good day, I recieved a call. The lady on the other end said, "Hi. I'm with Vita Living. We received your resume and we would like to schedule an interview for the case manager position with you."

Now, I don't recall hearing of Vita Living before that moment. And I definitely don't think I sent them a resume. So I said, "Do you know where you received by resume from?"
Of course, she sounded puzzled and said, "No."
I decided to schedule an interview with her, mostly out of curiousity. I wrote down the address and drove home.

Then I immediately got on line to find out what Vita Living was. Honestly, I figured it was a vitamin company who would want me to interview to work for them as a sales person. Lots of companies pick up resumes on CareerBuilder and Monster, just offer non-salary sales jobs - NO THANKS!

But what I found is interesting and somewhat amazing. VitaLiving is "a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit agency that provides long term comprehensive care and support services for adults and children who have developmental disabilities such as mental retardation and cerebral palsy. VitaLiving is recognized as a leading proponent of integrated community living and an expert in the care of individuals with complex disabilities and behavioral challenges."
If you know me at all, you can read this and see that it involves several things that are important to me - community living, resource support, and people with disabilities.

Now I am just curious how they found me. May be it is "divinely coordinated employment". Who knows... I guess I will just have to wait until next Wednesday to find out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I can't wait to hear how it goes.