Thursday, October 20, 2005


"Beyond the Gates of Splendor"

Last night, I was able to watch a movie I have been trying to see for awhile, all while snuggling my Darin. It was a good night.
This movie is a documentary from falling in love to entering the mission field of 5 families. 5 families who lived out 100% the values I claim. Growing up, I read books about these men... The Savage, My Kinsman, and another I can't recall the name.
But this movie completed the beautiful picture. The beginning of the famous story is 5 men who are killed in the attempt to initiate meaningful contact with Amazon "savages". The end is the grandson of Nate Saint, one of the 5, bringing his adopted "savage" grandpa, one of the men who speared his father to death, to his college graduation.

Here am I. Lord, send me.


I realized after watching this movie, that I have been buying into the fear of some people around me. They ask questions about medical care for Darin and Arabella on the mission field that I don't know the answer to. And I wonder if I can really take them.
Satan would win if I listen. Not the war, just the battle.
I don't want to miss out on fighting for the Lord.

Bottom-line:
  • This is a battle ground.
  • This life is not about health or wealth.
  • There are not promises of growing old with our children around us.

I think that those visions are presented to us by the Enemy of God, to make us think that this is our final destination. THIS IS NOT A FINAL DESTINATION FOR ANYONE.
If I chose not to fight, ifI count the cost, and it is too scary for me to attempt, then I don't believe a word God has said. Because I cannot claim to trust him to keep me safe for His purposes as I drive home on I-45, but decide NOT to trust him to keep us safe for His purposes ANYWHERE.

This is a battle. And some will leave this earth so others will understand. But they will go to the permanent destination and they will have joy in God's presence. And for their leaving, glory will be given to God and others will understand.

THAT IS WHAT THIS LIFE IS ABOUT!

Psalm 127

Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in
vain.
In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat -
for he grants sleep to those he loves.
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's
youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies
in the gate.

1 comment:

timjim81 said...

Find a rise school??!!! We'll freakin' build a Rise school. I told you that movie was awesome, sis. Love ya.