Monday, April 27, 2009

CVS & prescriptions

When Joel had his heart attack (12/30/08), he got put on 5
prescriptions immediately - $90 in copays.
Thankfully, I has spent my Christmas vacation learning about The
Grocery Game & reading moneysavingmethods.blogspot.com.

By finding 'Transfer your Rx' coupons, I have spent only $10/month out
of pocket...

Here's how it worked yesterday:

Joel had 3 prescriptions Auto-refill @ CVS.
I prefer to keep my Rx's @ CVS, and so do they... So I don't transfer
them! I just use the coupon I would if I had transferred to Walgreens
without the hassle!

1st Rx$10 copay - $10 cash... Get $25 Giftcard with coupon from
Walgreens ad
2nd Rx$10 copay - $10 off GC... Get $25 GC= Balance $40
3rd Rx$30 copay - $30 off GC... Get $25 = Balance $35

If I was smart, I would save this GC for next Rx refills... Then I
wouldn't have the $10 out-of-pocket.

1 comment:

Michael & Tammi said...

So it seems like Joel's Heart attack is paying for itself. One month at a time. I need to get back into all of this.